I'll start positive. The lab over a week ago did supply good practice with recursive functions. I still feel, while comprehensions are nice, that code should be indented (python) and done in blocks for clarity. This is particularly with regards to " if statements" that become an absolute mess otherwise. Speaking of this, this past week's lab oddly had us interpret code written using comprehensions and functional programming techniques and re-implement the functions using the style we've always known. This just means there's some confusion as to how I'm expected to code on the tests/Assignments. Dustin did mention he'd send an email about this and other material we're responsible for on the test.
We also looked at trees this week. They seem simple but the pre-, in-, post- , order traversal algorithms can give your brain a workout with some very large cases. This is precisely what I intend to do in preparation for the test. In-order traversal is probably the weirdest as it moves left to root, then to right, and not merely root to children, or children to root as in pre/post-order traversals respectively.
A1 marking should start from tonight onward. I do hope on the next assignment that they make the instructions far more clear and more importantly ensure the starter code is not fraught with errors. Now I must return to studying.
No comments:
Post a Comment